Get Cool Air Anywhere/Anytime
The 16A RVAC Soft Start is intended for AC units with a Compressor Load Amp Rating (RLA) of 9.1-16A for recreational vehicle (RV), marine, residential, or commercial applications. Refer to your AC service sticker or user manual to determine which model you need.
Using a soft start in a backup power storage application provides several benefits. Firstly, it reduces the inrush current necessary to start a motor/compressor. Reducing the excessive initial electrical draw from the power source in turn allows for the use of a smaller generator or backup battery system.
Secondly, it minimizes stress on the connected equipment by gradually ramping up the power output, reducing the risk of voltage spikes and equipment fatigue. While improving energy efficiency, a RVAC soft start increases the overall lifespan of the A/C unit and backup power equipment by reducing unnecessary wear and tear.
Lastly, dimming lights, tripped breakers and the loud noises of an A/C starting up is often significantly reduced!
- Reduces the inrush current by up to 75%
- Reduces excessive demand from the power source
- Run One AC with a 20-amp service, smaller generator, or inverter system
- Run Two ACs with a 30-amp service (2 soft starts)
- Reduces breaker trips, light flickering and loud AC startup noises
- Protects & Extends the life of the Air Conditioning Unit